Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Some progress

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 24, 2012
      There are cards that don't work, or work unreliably.  It's worth checking the list.

      On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Jim <wu3v@...> wrote:

      Flash cards will probably work you may need to format them as ext2. Windoze will not see that partition though.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 24, 2012, at 12:14 PM, "Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA" <JKutche@...> wrote:

      Hi All...  I have 4 here waiting for me to specify what projects I want to try on, what I have two that have 8GB cards and 2 that have 16 GB Cards..

      Beware you must read the compatability list to avoid obtaining periferals that do not work or do not work well. Do not just grab some of a store shelf thinking they will work.. They may, they may not...

       73 Jerry n9lya

      =

    • javeaflat
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 6, 2012
        Hi John,

        I am using the Debian wheezy image and found the screen to small

        http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5021

        This shows settings for the configuration file
        I plugged my card into windows machine and edited with programmer's file editor which recognise linux end of line unlike notepad.

        Select a lower resolution for larger text and try different settings to get a full screen.

        If you want more on this I'll post my file so you can see the changes I made. I assume these settings are valid for various versions of the operating system not just debian.

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, J FLETCHER <jfletcher427@...> wrote:

        > Hi All!
        >
        > Just a few lines to tell you what I'm up to.
        >
        > Back at home I tried using it with the HDMI input on our oldish LCD TV. It isn't Full HD and the text at start-up is incredibly small and hard to read. When the desktop appears the icons are small, too. Connecting the same TV via the phono socket the text and icons are a reasonable size, but the bottom of the picture is lost ("off the screen"). This makes playing some of the Python games impossible. I was able to browse the web, though. I've also downloaded Geany, Python and Xterm following the instructions on a YouTube tutorial.
        >
        > John G4EDX
        > Nottingham, England

      • J FLETCHER
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 6, 2012
          Thanks very much, I'll try that when I have a few minutes to play.