Re: 3.5 Inch TFT LCD Monitor for Car / Automobile

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2013
      Hi Bob
      I use one of those car monitors on my Pi.
      On mine, I run it with 12 volts and the yellow RCA is the video connector.

      I usually find the monitor needs to be connected before switching on the Pi else it assumes HDMI instead...

      Hope you get it working

      Philip G4JVF

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bobsmacbox@...> wrote:

      > I purchased a 3.5 Inch TFT LCD Monitor for Car / Automobile for my Pi so that I can assemble and hook up my tnc. I saw a YouTube demo and immediately purchased a mini keyboard/touchpad and the monitor. I have tried 9v and 12v power to the monitor, as well as powering it from a 12v power supply used for the radio, and and also tried each of the rca connectors to the Raspberry Pi, but I get no signal to the monitor.
      >
      > Can anyone help me???
      >
      > Bob/kg2rp

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
        Thanks Phillip. I got mine running with a 9 v wall wart. My problem was that the wall wart had reverse polarity.