Raspberry with Ircddbgateway

  • pe1bzf_william_the_netherlands
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26 11:51 AM
      Hi all,

      I setting up my raspberry debian with ircddb (also known as Jonathan software)following the instructions from Hans-J. Barthen, DL5DI (see files section).
      Because the raspberry must work standalone with no monitor attached, i setup the system remote with an ssh terminal session.

      I found the following (strange) issues.

      1. after installing ircddbgateway plus repeater SW and config the software using ircddbgw_conf, the gateway seemst to work. I can hear myself (roger beep) and simplex connections.
      2. i cannot connect to a DCS server (probaly not configured right, needs extra investigation)
      3. after reboot, i lost my ethernet connection. there is no IP address anymore. Not given by the DHCP server also (checked)
      so i cannot open a SSH terminal session to check what is wrong.

      The only way to bring live into the raspberry, is by reimage the SD card en start allover again.
      Ofcourse, i can connect and reconfigure Jonathan softare again with the same previous results.

      It seems to be a circle excercise.

      Who can help me with this issue ?
      for me, the most important and fustrating issue is losing my IP connection.

      Thanks,

      William, PE1BZF
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26 12:04 PM
        The Ethernet problem is based a flag problem on the USB in the Pi -- if you haven't done so, update firmware and kernel

        https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update

        The connection problem could be a variety of things, which ircDDB server are you using (group-1, group-2, or test)?

        What radio / adapter / SW are you using for the repeater?

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27 8:33 AM
          Hi John,

          Thanks for your reply.
          i test this weekend the update

          The radio i use is an ICOM IC-207 with the DVRPTR and using the G4KLX software form Jonathan.
          Both ircddbgateway as the repeater (version number is unknown on this moment)
          I connect to the DCS007 J reflector. This reflector is used by a group of local d-star enthusiasts.
          regards,

          William

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29 8:24 AM
            John,

            I just tested the configuration. That is DVRPTR connected to the Raspberry and the Icom 207.
            Rebooting works fine now.

            again, thanks for the hint.

            73