Remote command over APRS

  • mathisono
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2013
      This first pop up into mind the other day a Robogames & running a camera at Tedx Berkeley. I have a "rover" bot that needs a brain, that I can control with out 70cm or 2.3/2.4ghz radio hobbie control. If I could use the APRS network to exchange command strings with my robot and in exchange receive status and location strings back from the bot...! The only work ive seen on this subject is Argent's Data Tracker2. And it only flips relays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvBJ2LHfjRw

      Dose any one else share any interest in such a control system with there robots? Its simple enough to get a radio working with a RPi http://hackaday.com/2012/10/19/aprs-igate-built-using-a-raspberry-pi/
      This project would simply monitor a Pulse-audio connection (A radio patch, or an SDR stream) for APRS packs and decode them. packets directed at it's SSid and on a list of approved SSid's would be read as approved "string". based on values in the APRS string, send a response ASAP, Send a response every 1m, even send/set way points. simple said the RPi executes $comands or passes command info to an Autopilot. The program needs to send back standard system status and position massages, in responses to the home ssid to alert the home ssid of problems.

      I know this starts on a RPi it could be moved in to the apm? Of just run as a pay load... suggested way of passing such control data, from an RPi payload to the apm board?

      73
      Mathison Kj6dzb