RE: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Setting up new PITNC

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 24, 2013
      Ok, Max.

      That will give you a problem. The TNC comes programmed for serial, and you have to access it over the serial port to switch it to i2c. So you will have to use some other access (monitor/usb keyboard or ssh) to set the TNC to i2c mode, You can then re-enable the getty on /dev/ttyAMA0 so you can use it as a console.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 24, 2013
        Guess I killed mine!   Have never been able to get the TNCX to respond to pitnc_getparams or ...setparams.
        pilinbpq seems to load and perhaps will work.  Will try the serial interface and see what happens.

        73 Clayton N4EV

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 24, 2013
          Clayton,

          If it never responded to get or set in serial mode, then it is unlikely thet you have changed the i2c address. There is probably some other problem - a build error, missing links LK3 and 4 or something using /dev/ttyAMA0.

          If it responded in serial mode, but not after you attemted to set an address of 1 or 2, then it is probably messed up.

          73, John

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 25, 2013
            John:   Well I must've lucked out!  Set it up for serial port and using ax25tools/apps, I was able to connect with a
            station here.  Tried the Xastir program but never received any data nor would it transmit (not my main focus).
            I am going to reload Pilinbpq again tomorrow and see if I can get the thing on the air.

            I  agree with one of the chaps that wanted a Pilinbpq for Dummies how to.  Seems some of the details are passed
            over.  I know from past experience that doing a how-to seems to loose some of the details because I know how
            to make it work and assume that anyone else does too.

            Thanks for all you hard work on this effort and hope you have some help in answering the "dumb" questions!  HI

            73 Clayton N4EV

[...]

          • Ray Wells