Re: No blinken-lights, and incorrect voltage?

  • Greg Albrecht W2GMD
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20 11:17 PM
      Belay that request.

      I've figured out what I've done wrong:

      1) I installed the jumpers for JP3,JP4 in the wrong direction.
      2) I soldered the jumper header for JP7 in the 'J' spot on the board (near C8), as opposed to the 'JP7' spot.

      -g

      On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Greg Albrecht W2GMD <gba@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      I finally had a chance to assemble my TNCPi today. As far as I can tell my soldering is OK, and all components are in their right place, but I've hit a few problems:

      1) No blinken-lights: I plug the TNC into the PI and nothing lights up...
      2) No jumpers: I bought two TNCPi's, only one came with jumpers, so I've requisitioned some spares for JP3,JP4,JP7.
      3) According to my meter, the voltage on U3-5 to U3-14 is ~4.7V, not 3.3V per the guide.

      I've got a "TNC-X for Raspberry Pi Rev. 1.1 2/2013" and the PyCon Raspberry Pi swag running Debian 6 (or whatever was on the CF they gave us).

      Ideas?

      Thanks,
      -g

      --
      Greg Albrecht <gba@...> W2GMD

      --
      Greg Albrecht <gba@...> W2GMD
      Software Developer-at-large. EMS & Disaster Worker.