Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Linux vs windows

  • John Ferrell
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 19, 2013
      Sorry to have bothered you guys with my rookie questions. You have been a great help. I will look for another group for Linux advice.
      On 4/19/2013 2:42 PM, Stephen wrote:

      Steiner,

      I quite agree...

      It's time that we got back to real purpose of this group. Which is about using the Pi in Ham Radio. Not the pros and con's of Linux. There are plenty of other groups to discuss this in.

      73s Steve G0XAR

      --
      John Ferrell W8CCW
      That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 20, 2013
        Hi John,

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, John Ferrell <jferrell13@...> wrote:

        > Sorry to have bothered you guys with my rookie questions. You have been
        > a great help. I will look for another group for Linux advice.
        > On 4/19/2013 2:42 PM, Stephen wrote:

        From my point of view I really encourage to people to ask rookie questions here. So please keep asking them!!! And I am sure people here will help.

        What we don't want to happen is for the group to descend into a "Linux good, Windows bad" or "Windows good, Linux bad" war which has happened in so many other news groups and eventually destroyed them, or they have become pointless, verbal grudge matches between people who need to get out more. Or study for their ham licence!

        From a personal point of view I am not that fond of Linux but it is what the Pi uses. So we have to learn to live with it, develop projects and help our friends along the way....

        73s Steve G0XAR
      • John Ferrell
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2013
          W8CCW is clear of this topic. If you must reply please do so privately.
          I can always be reached at call at arrl.net.
          I am here for ham radio and linux mutual advancement.

          On 4/20/2013 3:48 AM, Stephen wrote:

          Hi John,

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, John Ferrell <jferrell13@...> wrote:

          > Sorry to have bothered you guys with my rookie questions. You have been
          > a great help. I will look for another group for Linux advice.
          > On 4/19/2013 2:42 PM, Stephen wrote:

          >From my point of view I really encourage to people to ask rookie questions here. So please keep asking them!!! And I am sure people here will help.

          What we don't want to happen is for the group to descend into a "Linux good, Windows bad" or "Windows good, Linux bad" war which has happened in so many other news groups and eventually destroyed them, or they have become pointless, verbal grudge matches between people who need to get out more. Or study for their ham licence!

          >From a personal point of view I am not that fond of Linux but it is what the Pi uses. So we have to learn to live with it, develop projects and help our friends along the way....

          73s Steve G0XAR