It alive!

  • brainerdd
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20 8:47 PM
      My Raspberry PI arrived in today's mail. Hooked up a 5V;2A brick, a SDHC with Wheezy, and a USB to 2XPS2 with PS2 Keyboard and PS2 mouse. Once I actually connected the HDMI cable, worked as designed on my 23" monitor. Won't be able to play any more until Sunday. We are leaving for the Spokane Hamfest tomorrow.

      Dave - WB6DHW
      <http://wb6dhw.com>
    • kd6oat
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21 12:56 PM
        Just curious, who did you order from? I ordered mine from RS Online back in June and all I have to show is debit to my PayPal account.

        On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM, brainerdd <dave@...> wrote:

        My Raspberry PI arrived in today's mail. Hooked up a 5V;2A brick, a SDHC with Wheezy, and a USB to 2XPS2 with PS2 Keyboard and PS2 mouse. Once I actually connected the HDMI cable, worked as designed on my 23" monitor. Won't be able to play any more until Sunday. We are leaving for the Spokane Hamfest tomorrow.

        Dave - WB6DHW
        <http://wb6dhw.com>

      • Nigel
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 21 1:40 PM
          I've had mine for a couple  of months from RS.
          E-mail them and ask for details.
          They're normally a really good company.

          On September 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM kd6oat <kd6oat@...> wrote:

          Just curious, who did you order from? I ordered mine from RS Online back in June and all I have to show is debit to my PayPal account.

          On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM, brainerdd <dave@...> wrote:

          My Raspberry PI arrived in today's mail. Hooked up a 5V;2A brick, a SDHC with Wheezy, and a USB to 2XPS2 with PS2 Keyboard and PS2 mouse. Once I actually connected the HDMI cable, worked as designed on my 23" monitor. Won't be able to play any more until Sunday. We are leaving for the Spokane Hamfest tomorrow.

          Dave - WB6DHW
          <http://wb6dhw.com>

        • GG Higgs

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 21 5:27 PM
                I ordered from Newark.

              Dave - WB6DHW
              <http://wb6dhw.com>

              On 9/21/2012 12:56 PM, kd6oat wrote:
                <ht

              Just curious, who did you order from? I ordered mine from RS Online back in June and all I have to show is debit to my PayPal account.

              On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM, brainerdd <dave@...> wrote:

              My Raspberry PI arrived in today's mail. Hooked up a 5V;2A brick, a SDHC with Wheezy, and a USB to 2XPS2 with PS2 Keyboard and PS2 mouse. Once I actually connected the HDMI cable, worked as designed on my 23" monitor. Won't be able to play any more until Sunday. We are leaving for the Spokane Hamfest tomorrow.

              Dave - WB6DHW
              <http://wb6dhw.com>

            • Perry Chamberlain
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 21 5:43 PM

                I ordered 3 from Adafruit.com, and had them in 3 days @ $39.00 bucks each.
                Adafruit has fantastic customer service. I really like Limor  because she is very involved  in the Maker/ electronics, open source business. Their goal, is to get everyone building circuits, projects, and experimenting.
                Plus, she's a cool Engineer chick, from MIT.  :-))))

                Ke6anm

                Sent from my iPad

                On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:56 PM, kd6oat <kd6oat@...> wrote:

                Just curious, who did you order from? I ordered mine from RS Online back in June and all I have to show is debit to my PayPal account.

                On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM, brainerdd <dave@...> wrote:

                My Raspberry PI arrived in today's mail. Hooked up a 5V;2A brick, a SDHC with Wheezy, and a USB to 2XPS2 with PS2 Keyboard and PS2 mouse. Once I actually connected the HDMI cable, worked as designed on my 23" monitor. Won't be able to play any more until Sunday. We are leaving for the Spokane Hamfest tomorrow.

                Dave - WB6DHW
                <http://wb6dhw.com>

              • OAT

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 21 9:12 PM
                    I jumped early as well, I bought my first one on ebay for $60.00
                    Adafruit just started to stock them. I have bought a LOT of her kits, components, and products, because of the cool projects she starts up.
                    Thats what we get for being impatient cant wait to get a new toy to play with.
                    :-))))
                    Ke6anm

                    Sent from my iPad