logging with the Rasberry Pi?

  • ChristopherG
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2013
      Has anyone attempted to install or write a logging software on a R-Pi?
      Ideally I would like to take LOTW on my SOTA activations and just log as I make the contacts.

      Is this possible? Or should I just get a netbook to run the LOTW software?

      Chris-K6CMG
    • Ray Cadmus
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2013
        I have not attempted that but it would probably be possible,  but not necessarily practical.  By the time you add some kind of display and a keyboard you would have a handful of gear.  Net-books are good but the battery life may not be sufficient.  I would go with a smart phone or one of the cheap android tablets.  There is a SOTO logger app that does csv files.  Could probably get to LOTW from there.

        ray    W0PFO

        --

        On 04/18/2013 01:47 PM, ChristopherG wrote:

        Has anyone attempted to install or write a logging software on a R-Pi?
        Ideally I would like to take LOTW on my SOTA activations and just log as I make the contacts.

        Is this possible? Or should I just get a netbook to run the LOTW software?

        Chris-K6CMG

      • Javier Henderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2013
          There's CRQLOG, written for Linux.

          But by the time you add a display and a keyboard, you're into netbook territory.

          -jav k4jh