Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Powering the Raspberry & TNC.

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Message 1 of 53 , Apr 5 2:47 PM
      Ray,

      Why not use a 6V battery w/float charger?

      David

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      David Colburn nevils-station.com
      Message 53 of 53 , Apr 14 11:38 AM
        F.Y.I.

        Most computer mother boards have switch mode regulators on the board to make all the various
        voltages needed for the processor(s), memory, north & south bridges, and various other hardware.
        Gamer & enthusiasts boards often tout how many regulators/phases they have.

        As for radiation, most of the noise is from the leads & tracks on the board of chips themselves,
        especially when they are unshielded. A 5, 3.3, or even 1.8 volt signal toggling on-off at a high
        rate can radiate quite a bit, with 32 or 64 bits wide all toggling at such high clock rates it will
        radiate a lot of hash.... Computers tend to generate & radiate a lot of hash that's one reason the
        better made ones have metal cases and metal shielding in key areas. The minor amount of noise/ripple
        out of the supply is miniscule compared to the hash from the computer it-self. If a supply is truly
        that noisy the noise/spikes on the power would be mistaken for data and foul up the processing.

        -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B