Wsprnet.org

  • Dave Cochran
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 8:50 AM

      Finally got a little time set aside to start reading up on WSPR.. wsprnet.org seemed like a good place to start according to google....  if anyone knows who owns the domain you might want to pass along that they missed their renewal date (expired yesterday) and their DNS records have been redirected to a godaddy splashpage.

      Dave - N0TRQ

      On Apr 5, 2013 9:21 AM, "Guido" <threeme3@...> wrote:

      Hi Eddie,

      Thank you very much for reporting your results regarding the WSPR-15 mode, and congratulation with your first on 474kHz!
      It is very good that you have tested this out, as I did not have a means to test it myself. So the theory seems to work in practice.

      Yes calibrating via the command line no longer works since I made the mode dependent on the frequency entered. The best is to calibrate the F_XTAL variable in the code. When done it WsprryPi should be exact on frequency on all frequency bands. Did I understand you correctly that there is still a frequency offset when changing bands? Not sure what the cause of this could be, but I need to analyse this, if you can confirm me this.

      Your suggestion of specifying the mode as command line argument, could be a solution. I am also thinking to make the F_XTAL changeable with an environment variable that can be entered in the command-line, e.g.: export FXTAL=19200123  Currently I am experimenting with a command-line program called ./tx that support different modes (wspr, opera, hell, cw), and returns when a single transmission has been done, let me know if you are interested in this.

      73, Guido
      PE1NNZ

      On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM, g3zjo <psk31@...> wrote:
      Hi Group

      Guido I am not sure if you get my PM's. I put a 100mW PA on the Pi and had great success with WSPR15 over a 127Km path on 474Khz which was not possible using WSPR2.
      Now using my 1W PA. For my 10W PA I am working on a different driver.

      There is a problem when using the Command Line to calibrate the oscillator. As the software uses the frequency to set the mode, WSPR15 can only be transmitted out of zone.

      I would like to see the mode selectable in the command line something like.

      e.g.: sudo ./wspr PA/K1JT JO21 10 7040074 0 0 10140174 15 0 0

      73 Eddie G3ZJO

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-digest@yahoogroups.com
          Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Robert Nickels
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 10:31 AM
        On 4/5/2013 10:50 AM, Dave Cochran wrote:
        > they missed their renewal date

        My first thought was that their server had been overloaded by the
        barrage of incoming spots of my Raspberry Pi transmitter, which I first
        put on the air last night ;-) So I guess now I'll just have to be
        patient til the site gets back online - but what great timing, eh?

        I left it running anyhow - so if anyone is hearing W9RAN on 20 meters,
        that's a Pi talking.

        73, Bob W9RAN