Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Some progress

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 24, 2012
      Also, the Raspbian has a built-in tool to extend the partition on first boot up.  It works fine and saves the multi-step manual process if you are running something bigger than 2 GB.

      On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA <JKutche@...> wrote:

      You can reload the OS over and over and over if need be... Simply use something like Win32 Disk Imager.

      Jerry Kutche
      Electrical Supervisor

      Lehigh Cement Company LLC
      180 N. Meridian Road
      Mitchell, IN  47446
      Phone:  (812) 849-2191 ext. 251
      Fax:  (812) 849-5007
      Cell: (812) 583-0445
      jkutche@...
      www.lehighcement.com

      This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.  Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

    • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 24, 2012
        Hi All...  I have 4 here waiting for me to specify what projects I want to try on, what I have two that have 8GB cards and 2 that have 16 GB Cards..

        Beware you must read the compatability list to avoid obtaining periferals that do not work or do not work well. Do not just grab some of a store shelf thinking they will work.. They may, they may not...

         73 Jerry n9lya

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 24, 2012
          Flash cards will probably work you may need to format them as ext2. Windoze will not see that partition though.

          Sent from my iPhone

          =

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 6, 2012
              Hi John,

              I am using the Debian wheezy image and found the screen to small

              http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5021

              This shows settings for the configuration file
              I plugged my card into windows machine and edited with programmer's file editor which recognise linux end of line unlike notepad.

              Select a lower resolution for larger text and try different settings to get a full screen.

              If you want more on this I'll post my file so you can see the changes I made. I assume these settings are valid for various versions of the operating system not just debian.

              --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, J FLETCHER <jfletcher427@...> wrote:

              > Hi All!
              >
              > Just a few lines to tell you what I'm up to.
              >
              > Back at home I tried using it with the HDMI input on our oldish LCD TV. It isn't Full HD and the text at start-up is incredibly small and hard to read. When the desktop appears the icons are small, too. Connecting the same TV via the phono socket the text and icons are a reasonable size, but the bottom of the picture is lost ("off the screen"). This makes playing some of the Python games impossible. I was able to browse the web, though. I've also downloaded Geany, Python and Xterm following the instructions on a YouTube tutorial.
              >
              > John G4EDX
              > Nottingham, England

            • J FLETCHER
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 6, 2012
                Thanks very much, I'll try that when I have a few minutes to play.