Re: TNC-PI in KISS mode

  • Harv 66
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2 3:09 PM
      Thank you for the reply

      73
      W8HRV

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3 8:13 AM
        I've found a problem with the i2c driver in LinBPQ  This should fix it

        73, John G8BPQ
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3 8:31 AM
          I hope to be able to produce both 300 and 9600 versions of the TNC-PI. I was planning to get them done last Autumn, but the current version took a bit longer than I expected, and I decided to port my BPQ32 package to linux, and that has also delayed things.

          I think the main problem will be finding suitable modem chips with a reasonable price and availability. For 9600 I was thinking of using the CMX589A, which is used in some DSTAR projects. For 300 I may go for the XR2211 for receive and software TX. I've looked at routines for packet RX using the PIC. I didn't have much luck, but others seem to be able to get them to work.

          Does anyone have experience with these chips, or have any other suggestions?

          73, John G8BPQ

        • Max Harper
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 8:54 AM
            You might want to have a look at some of Mike Bergs projects found here.

            Might give you some ideas anyways. I think he is working on transmitting PSK63 using a Pic chip. I think modes such as PSK63 work much better than 300 baud on HF.

            Max