TNC-PI in KISS mode

  • Harv 66
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2013
      Hey all new hear just got my raspberry pi yesterday and installed os on it. I also order the TNC-PI unit and found how to Configure Raspberry Pi and TNC-Pi for Use with the I2C Protocol. Looking how to put TNC-PI in KISS mode if anyone could help me put please? The tracker software that I'm going to try out is at this link http://www.danplanet.com/blog/2011/03/20/a-custom-aprs-tracker-with-a-real-screen/
    • Javier Henderson
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2013

        On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Harv 66 <lowrider3121@...> wrote:
        Hey all new hear just got my raspberry pi yesterday and installed os on it.  I also order the TNC-PI unit and found how to Configure Raspberry Pi and TNC-Pi for Use with the I2C Protocol.  Looking how to put TNC-PI in KISS mode if anyone could help me put please?

        The TNCPi is a KISS only TNC, set the jumpers to select serial mode instead of I2C and the TNC will be /dev/ttyAMA0

        I'm running aprx on my Raspberry Pi + TNCPi sandwich.

        73,
        -jav k4jh

      • Harv 66
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2013
          Thank you for the reply

          73
          W8HRV

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
            I've found a problem with the i2c driver in LinBPQ  This should fix it

            73, John G8BPQ
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
              I hope to be able to produce both 300 and 9600 versions of the TNC-PI. I was planning to get them done last Autumn, but the current version took a bit longer than I expected, and I decided to port my BPQ32 package to linux, and that has also delayed things.

              I think the main problem will be finding suitable modem chips with a reasonable price and availability. For 9600 I was thinking of using the CMX589A, which is used in some DSTAR projects. For 300 I may go for the XR2211 for receive and software TX. I've looked at routines for packet RX using the PIC. I didn't have much luck, but others seem to be able to get them to work.

              Does anyone have experience with these chips, or have any other suggestions?

              73, John G8BPQ

            • Max Harper
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
                You might want to have a look at some of Mike Bergs projects found here.

                Might give you some ideas anyways. I think he is working on transmitting PSK63 using a Pic chip. I think modes such as PSK63 work much better than 300 baud on HF.

                Max