Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: kissattach error with TNC-PI

  • Tom Hoflich
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 1:50 PM
      As I was looking at the axposts and trying to figure out how post it, I noticed that the two lines that I wanted
      contained a # in the first position making it a comment.
      I removed that and now I get "AX.25 port 1 bound to device ax0" which I assume is correct.
      Thanks for making me look ANOTHER time.

      73, Tom

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 2:10 PM
        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Tom Hoflich <km5h@...> wrote:

        > I get the following error:
        > kissattach: cannot find port 1 in axports
        >

        > My axports file looks exactly the same as the documentation except for KM5H in place of W2FS
        > what am I missing?

        OK - I'm sure I had the same problem, but maybe a different cause. You have loaded the mkiss module? (I add this to the rc.modules file to ensure it's loaded on each boot - otherwise use lsmod to see if it's installed. modprobe mkiss will load it for you if it isn't there.)

        I say Raspbian as it is configured with the hamradio drivers (modules), whereas the debian image I used at first didn't seem to play nicely and had me scratching my head for a while.