Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Shipping Status on TNC-Pi

  • Bill Vodall
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
      > I am curious about this 300 baud HF packet stuff. I know that back in the
      > day I experimented with HF packet but had all kinds of trouble with it due
      > to the irregularities of HF propagation. I had pretty much assumed it had
      > been abandoned in favor of pactor and other modes that were designed
      > specifically for HF. I gather from the last couple of emails that this
      > understanding is not accurate.

      New soundcard packet programs are enhancing the HF technology and it's
      working better than ever. There's something like 5 new projects but
      these are the two I remember off hand:

      http://uz7ho.org.ua/packetradio.htm

      http://home.comcast.net/~wb2osz/site/

      Even more exciting news is that these new programs allow 2400 and 4800
      baud packet data with no changes to the radio interface. With a
      little lunck I'm going to try testing that this next week. There's
      some opportunities here!

      73
      Bill, WA7NWP