NEWBIE: FROM SW MIAMI, FL LOOKING FOR MENTOR. Install reformatted SD...

  • k4lcd@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2013
      Hi all!

      This morning I prepared my brand new 32GB Kingston Class 10 SD card for my new R Pi that should arrive today.

      Before installing Raspbian OSW following instructions in Raspberry Pi Quick Start Guide, I plugged the SD card on my Windows 7 64Bit computer and found the card as removable F drive with 32GB of available memory.

      The installation progress went smoothly according to instructions, however, when checking again, I found now that the SD card was now only 55.9MB with 37.4MB available space.

      I must have missed a step.

      Can someone talk me through by telephone?

      Thanks,

      Juan /K4LCD
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2013
        Juan,

        That is correct. Once the image is written, the card has a small FAT32 partition that can be accessed from Windows. The rest is a Linux partition that Windows cant see.

        73, de John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2013
          Thank you John.

          73