Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Adafruit's own linux flavor Occidentalis

  • danny garvin
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
      FYI I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard from Gear Head and have had no problems at all with it.

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
        Could you give us the Model Numbers, etc..? That would help those of us who may be in the market for a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

        73,
        Larry Keith, KQ4B

        FYI I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard from Gear Head and have had no problems at all with it.

        Adafruit has a altered version of wheezy, called occidentalis ( latin for black raspberry).
        It gives wifi dongle drivers, etc and scripts to use i2c and other hardware, sensor devices that can connect to her selection of raspberrry pi sheilds and accesories.
        Check them out at Adafruit.com.
        Pretty neat site.

      • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
          www.raspberrypi.org

          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
            Gear Head
            Model # KB5175W

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 15, 2012
              I am barely educated in linux! Could you please tell me how to summon up the configuration file and then how to edit and save the changes? sorry about the elementary nature of the question!

              I can see the terminal through the composite video and now have a hdmi to dvi cable and monitor.

              andy g0sfj

              --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox" <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

              > HDMI is not enabled in RPI configuration file. I got it to work by uncommenting the HDMI settings.
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > Alan â€" W6ARH
              >

              > <http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/> http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/
              >
              > <http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html> http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html

            • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 15, 2012
                In terminal type raspi-config try That. Let us know how we can help,,,