Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] TNC-PI

  • Alan Hill
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 29, 2013
      I am almost done with mine and notice only a couple of issues with the manual.  The LEDs should be indentified by location on the board and the red capacitors do not fit perfectly.  The holes are too close together on my board.  It would be most helpful if there was a schematic and board layout pattern.  The manual is very good considering its vintage.
      73,
      Alan - W6ARH

      On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Charles <k4gbb1@...> wrote:

      I just finished assembling my second TNC-Pi.
      The first one has been on line for almost a week as a single TNC connected via the serial lines on the GPIO header.

      As soon as I get the second on checked out I will attempt to set the
      two boards up with the I2C lines.

      The assembly took me about 8 hours each. I worked slowly and inspected my soldering as I went along. The Preliminary Manual is a bit sparse so
      I did my own as I went along. If anyone would like a copy of the doc
      I'll be glad to send them a copy.

      73
      <<Charley>>
      k4gbb

    • John Hansen

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 29, 2013

          On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Alan Hill <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

          I am almost done with mine and notice only a couple of issues with the manual.  The LEDs should be indentified by location on the board and the red capacitors do not fit perfectly.  The holes are too close together on my board.  It would be most helpful if there was a schematic and board layout pattern.  The manual is very good considering its vintage.

          I had a similar issue with the two red caps, if you bend the pins a bit you can get a snug fit.

          Here is a photo of mine, already built:

          73,
          -jav k4jh

        • Alan Hill

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 29, 2013
                    Can you send me copy please will be ordering my own TNC-PI next week after the holiday.

                    Thanks,

                    --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <k4gbb1@...> wrote:

                    > I just finished assembling my second TNC-Pi.
                    > The first one has been on line for almost a week as a single TNC connected via the serial lines on the GPIO header.
                    >
                    > As soon as I get the second on checked out I will attempt to set the
                    > two boards up with the I2C lines.
                    >
                    > The assembly took me about 8 hours each. I worked slowly and inspected my soldering as I went along. The Preliminary Manual is a bit sparse so
                    > I did my own as I went along. If anyone would like a copy of the doc
                    > I'll be glad to send them a copy.
                    >
                    > 73
                    > <<Charley>>
                    > k4gbb