RE: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Announcing TNC-Pi: A Customized Version of TNC-X for Raspberry Pi

  • John Hansen
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013

      I'm still on the beach, I'm afraid.   The software to use it for keyboard to keyboard packet is available now.   See the ax.25 section of the manual.   All you need to do is connect to the other station.

      John W2FS

      On Mar 27, 2013 4:32 PM, "William Liporace - WC2L" <wc2l@...> wrote:

      Hi John,
      I forget if you are on vacation or just got back! Hope all is well either
      way ;-)

      I know I asked when I purchased the TNCs if they are TNC2 devices that can
      be used for regular packet service. I am guessing that is partially true. It
      is a KISS TNC that can be used for packet. The software has to be written to
      use the TNC as a packet TNC.

      Do I now have a better understanding of the device?
      Is there any software for me to do what I want or does it need to be
      written?

      TNX Will WC2L