REV B

  • The Silver Fox
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
      REV B

      Not sure why I seem to be the only one with a problem.  I have two Rev B boards and neither of them will display on the HDMI TV I have.  The original REV board worked fine until I upgraded.

      I downloaded all the linux versions from the Raspberry downloads but they all seem to have a non-functional config.txt file.  This is not unusual but I see very few references about modifications to this file.  I changed the HDMI_SAFE value to one and havent been successful yet.  Are my experiences unique because I am missing something?

      73,

      Alan W6ARH

      It's far, far away and way, way afar,
      It's over the moon and the sea,
      And wherever you are going,
      That's wherever you are
      And nobody knows it but me.

      -Patrick O'Leary

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
          Hi Alan,

          Are you using the latest firmware from the raspberrypi.org website?

          There is a message on the raspberry.pi RSS feed about people who used a firmware from on a flashcard bought on ebay that was not compatible with certain new hardware used in the latest boards.

          73
          Kristoff - ON1ARF

          On 27-03-13 16:59, The Silver Fox wrote:

          Not sure why I seem to be the only one with a problem.  I have two Rev B boards and neither of them will display on the HDMI TV I have.  The original REV board worked fine until I upgraded.

          I downloaded all the linux versions from the Raspberry downloads but they all seem to have a non-functional config.txt file.  This is not unusual but I see very few references about modifications to this file.  I changed the HDMI_SAFE value to one and havent been successful yet.  Are my experiences unique because I am missing something?

          73,

          Alan W6ARH

          It's far, far away and way, way afar,
          It's over the moon and the sea,
          And wherever you are going,
          That's wherever you are
          And nobody knows it but me.

          -Patrick O'Leary

        • Alan Hill

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
              My local mentor has me running the two following commands frequently to stay with the latest code:
              sudo apt-get update

              sudo apt-get upgrade

              The first keeps the OS current and the second keeps the packages current.
              de John, W8CCW

              --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox" <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

              > Not sure why I seem to be the only one with a problem. I have two Rev B
              > boards and neither of them will display on the HDMI TV I have. The original
              > REV board worked fine until I upgraded.
              > I downloaded all the linux versions from the Raspberry downloads but they
              > all seem to have a non-functional config.txt file. This is not unusual but
              > I see very few references about modifications to this file. I changed the
              > HDMI_SAFE value to one and haven't been successful yet. Are my experiences
              > unique because I am missing something?
              > 73,
              > Alan - W6ARH
              >

              > It's far, far away and way, way afar,
              > It's over the moon and the sea,
              > And wherever you are going,
              > That's wherever you are
              > And nobody knows it but me.
              >
              > -Patrick O'Leary

            • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 28, 2013
                I also run apt-get dist-upgrade ocassionally...

                Jerry Kutche
                Electrical Supervisor

                Lehigh Cement Company LLC
                180 N. Meridian Road
                Mitchell, IN  47446
                Phone:  (812) 849-2191 ext. 251
                Fax:  (812) 849-5007
                Cell: (812) 583-0445
                jkutche@...
                www.lehighcement.com

                This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.  Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

                My local mentor has me running the two following commands frequently to stay with the latest code:
                sudo apt-get update

                sudo apt-get upgrade

                The first keeps the OS current and the second keeps the packages current.
                de John, W8CCW

                --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox" <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

                > Not sure why I
                seem to be the only one with a problem. I have two Rev B
                > boards and
                neither of them will display on the HDMI TV I have. The original
                > REV
                board worked fine until I upgraded.
                > I downloaded all the linux versions
                from the Raspberry downloads but they
                > all seem to have a non-functional
                config.txt file. This is not unusual but
                > I see very few references about
                modifications to this file. I changed the
                > HDMI_SAFE value to one and
                haven't been successful yet. Are my experiences
                > unique because I am
                missing something?
                > 73,
                > Alan - W6ARH
                >

                > It's far, far away and way, way afar,
                > It's over the moon and
                the sea,
                > And wherever you are going,
                > That's wherever you are
                > And nobody knows it but me.
                >
                > -Patrick
                O'Leary

              • Jeff Francis™

                  --
                  -=jeff=-
                • John Ferrell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 28, 2013
                    I will have to read the Google's on this a few more times.
                    If I get something wrong I am still too green to fix it myself...

                    On 3/28/2013 7:17 AM, Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA wrote:
                    apt-get dist-upgrade

                    --
                    John Ferrell W8CCW
                    That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.

                  • qrv@kd4e.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 28, 2013
                      A SEARCH via http://duckduckgo.com brought up this discussion:

                      http://www.ghacks.net/2010/03/11/what-is-it-with-the-dist-upgrade-option-of-apt-get/

                      And lots of others.

                      >> apt-get dist-upgrade

                      I never use the google search engine.

                      --

                      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
                      David Colburn nevils-station.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 29, 2013
                        Alan,

                        I doubt this relates to your problem, but ... for the record and mail-archive ... this is the message I mentioned:
                        http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/3534

                        73
                        Kristoff - ON1ARF

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 29, 2013

                          Thanks for information but I did get it to limp on another TV and even when it wouldn’t display the lights indicated that it booted and was operating.