RE: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Adafruit's own linux flavor Occidentalis

  • The Silver Fox
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012

      I have no tried a wireless dongle other than the 2.4GHz Microsoft keyboard and mouse.  It doesn’t work correctly under any RPI image.

      In addition, it does not work with any Linux distribution I’ve tried other than Fedora.  The issue is that the keyboard driver appears to present repeating characters to the OS even when I am not pressing a key.  So, the only way I can get them to work is with non-wireless keyboard and mouse.  Unfortunately for me, my portable does not have a functional touchpad and the shift on the keyboard doesn’t work.  So, I either have to use a direct connect keyboard or do the development and work on another computer.  Ugh.

      73,

      Alan – W6ARH

      Mobokits http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/

      UHFSDR http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
        Hi Alan have tou verified the device is on the RPi Compatability List at www.raspberrypi.org

        What model wireless KB and Mouse do u have...

        73

        PS you can also SSH to the RPi No Graphics, but you can access it from another PC...

        Jerry Kutche
        Electrical Supervisor

        Lehigh Cement Company LLC
        180 N. Meridian Road
        Mitchell, IN  47446
        Phone:  (812) 849-2191 ext. 251
        Fax:  (812) 849-5007
        Cell: (812) 583-0445
        jkutche@...
        www.lehighcement.com

        This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.  Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012

          Yes.  There are reports from others that the Microsoft 2.4GHz keyboard/mouse is problematic.  I was only trying to inform others of the issues.

          73,

          Alan – W6ARH

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
                Could you give us the Model Numbers, etc..? That would help those of us who may be in the market for a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

                73,
                Larry Keith, KQ4B

                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
                  www.raspberrypi.org

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
                    Gear Head
                    Model # KB5175W

                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 15, 2012
                      I am barely educated in linux! Could you please tell me how to summon up the configuration file and then how to edit and save the changes? sorry about the elementary nature of the question!

                      I can see the terminal through the composite video and now have a hdmi to dvi cable and monitor.

                      andy g0sfj

                      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox" <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

                      > HDMI is not enabled in RPI configuration file. I got it to work by uncommenting the HDMI settings.
                      >
                      > 73,
                      >
                      > Alan â€" W6ARH
                      >

                      > <http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/> http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/
                      >
                      > <http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html> http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html

                    • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 15, 2012
                        In terminal type raspi-config try That. Let us know how we can help,,,