Pi in duplex mode

  • Robert Nickels
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2013
      Well semi-duplex...

      I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of CPU utilization
      occurs while running PiFm and rtl_tcp at the same time. (rtl_tcp is
      the server that streams IQ samples at up to 2 MBPS from a DVB-T dongle
      attached to the Pi, it's set for 1 MBPS here). As you can see, the
      server takes about 20% and PiFm about 17%, leaving plenty of CPU cycles
      left for my ssh session and top and everything else. And as shown on
      the SDR# screen in the background, I was listening to PiFm with no
      problem from the remote client at the time.

      http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5449/pifmandrtltcp.jpg

      Kinda cool! Other than playing the Star Wars theme, is anyone doing
      anything else interesting with Pi Fm?

      73, Bob W9RAN