Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Pi - Windows GUI

    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 23 11:36 AM
      Overhead for GUI, is it 'really' a big deal ?

      The processor normally runs about 10 to 20% to execute the various programs, the rest is basically
      wasted cycles, it is clocking away wasting power doing nothing useful so it might as well use some
      of that other 80 - 90% to run the GUI and do something for me after all these processors are
      supposed to make our life easier and for many people the GUI is much more convenient/understandable
      then the CLI.

      leaving the processor running at 10 - 20% and doing everything CLI is kind of like leaving your lawn
      tractor running at full throttle and cutting the grass using an old style push mower.

      -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B

      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 11, 2013
        Web-server is up most of the time, NOT 100%.... The URL is correct.

        If you want to see my repeater dashboard it is: http://n1jmm.no-ip.org:81/ircddbgateway.php

        Only 2 of my web-servers are open to internet

        -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B