TNC-X as a regular TNC

  • William Liporace - WC2L
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22 7:37 PM

      I am wondering how to get the TNC-X board to act like a regular TNC. What programs or utilities do I need to install??  I have a program that runs on Linux that will allow me to use TNC2 protocol on a serial port. We want to get the logging software to be able to connect to the packet cluster and etc…..

      TNX Will WC2L

    • Heikki Hannikainen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24 1:47 AM
        On Fri, 22 Mar 2013, William Liporace - WC2L wrote:

        > I am wondering how to get the TNC-X board to act like a regular TNC. What programs or utilities do I need to install??  I have a
        > program that runs on Linux that will allow me to use TNC2 protocol on a serial port. We want to get the logging software to be able
        > to connect to the packet cluster and etc…..

        TNC-X is a KISS TNC only, and does not have a TNC2 mode. The TNC2 mode is
        a sort of an user interface, not really a protocol designed for attaching
        software to hardware, using TNCs in KISS mode is a better technical
        approach in any case. Allows you (or your software) to get unmangled
        binary packets through the serial port without getting terribly confused.

        So, configure your logging software to use a KISS TNC, if possible.

        - Hessu