RE: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Adafruit's own linux flavor Occidentalis

  • The Silver Fox
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 12, 2012

      HDMI is not enabled in RPI configuration file.  I got it to work by uncommenting the HDMI settings.

      73,

      Alan – W6ARH

      http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/

      http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 12, 2012
        Excellent, thanks for the info, much appreciated.
        After you got it going, how did it look compared to raspian wheezy distro?
        Did you try to use a wifi dongle?

        Ke6anm

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012

          I have no tried a wireless dongle other than the 2.4GHz Microsoft keyboard and mouse.  It doesn’t work correctly under any RPI image.

          In addition, it does not work with any Linux distribution I’ve tried other than Fedora.  The issue is that the keyboard driver appears to present repeating characters to the OS even when I am not pressing a key.  So, the only way I can get them to work is with non-wireless keyboard and mouse.  Unfortunately for me, my portable does not have a functional touchpad and the shift on the keyboard doesn’t work.  So, I either have to use a direct connect keyboard or do the development and work on another computer.  Ugh.

          73,

          Alan – W6ARH

          Mobokits http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/

          UHFSDR http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html

          Adafruit has a altered version of wheezy, called occidentalis ( latin for black raspberry).
          It gives wifi dongle drivers, etc and scripts to use i2c and other hardware, sensor devices that can connect to her selection of raspberrry pi sheilds and accesories.
          Check them out at Adafruit.com.
          Pretty neat site.

        • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
            Hi Alan have tou verified the device is on the RPi Compatability List at www.raspberrypi.org

            What model wireless KB and Mouse do u have...

            73

            PS you can also SSH to the RPi No Graphics, but you can access it from another PC...

            Jerry Kutche
            Electrical Supervisor

            Lehigh Cement Company LLC
            180 N. Meridian Road
            Mitchell, IN  47446
            Phone:  (812) 849-2191 ext. 251
            Fax:  (812) 849-5007
            Cell: (812) 583-0445
            jkutche@...
            www.lehighcement.com

            This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.  Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012

              Yes.  There are reports from others that the Microsoft 2.4GHz keyboard/mouse is problematic.  I was only trying to inform others of the issues.

              73,

              Alan – W6ARH

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
                    Could you give us the Model Numbers, etc..? That would help those of us who may be in the market for a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

                    73,
                    Larry Keith, KQ4B

                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
                      www.raspberrypi.org

                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 14, 2012
                        Gear Head
                        Model # KB5175W

                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 15, 2012
                          I am barely educated in linux! Could you please tell me how to summon up the configuration file and then how to edit and save the changes? sorry about the elementary nature of the question!

                          I can see the terminal through the composite video and now have a hdmi to dvi cable and monitor.

                          andy g0sfj

                          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox" <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

                          > HDMI is not enabled in RPI configuration file. I got it to work by uncommenting the HDMI settings.
                          >
                          > 73,
                          >
                          > Alan â€" W6ARH
                          >

                          > <http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/> http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/
                          >
                          > <http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html> http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html

                        • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 15, 2012
                            In terminal type raspi-config try That. Let us know how we can help,,,