Re: TNC-X Questions

  • ferrymanr
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 22, 2013
      Somehow it now fails to respond to anything on ttyAMA0 or using all the combinations I could think of with pitnc_getparams even with the jumpers installed. Got a gut feeling I have screwed up the settings in a way that is not easy to recover. Seems the same on both my RPi boards, one very early one and one later one both date from before they added holes. Possibly needs reloading the pic code? I don't think there is a 'panic button' reset of parameters. Looks as if there is a hex dump in the params zip file for when I can borrow a programmer. Until then I'm on hold.:-(
      Dick G4BBH

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 22, 2013
        I2cdetect 0 will show if it is visible on the bus. Otherwise I'm afraid you are right - it will need a pic programmer to fix it. If you cant run i2cdetect, check the PI configuration.

        73, John

        href="mailto:Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO%40yahoogroups.com">Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 23, 2013
          The i2c address must be between 3 and 119. I've updated the doc to highlight this, and updated pitnc_setparams to check the value.

          73, John

          I've written some instructions for enabling i2c on the pi, and configuring a TNC-PI to use it.

          73, John G8BPQ