Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] How to open terminal via linbpq to tnc-x-pi on i2c

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
      The only real way to verify it is working is to use another radio & tnc to actually communicate with
      it. This could be a friend's or a club station.

      -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 22, 2013
        Matt,

        If you are accessing from a Windows machine, then you can use BPQTermTCP.exe (from the BPQ32 distrubution). A linux version is under development, but it is working well enough to be useful. I have two binaries at the moment - one for the pi and one for intel based linux systems.Either run the pi version, with the x output redirected over ssh, or the intel version on your host pc.

        They use gtk, so you may need to install the gtk runtime libraries.

        The Terminal provides a split screen, with a packet monitor in the top half, and an interactive terminal in the bottom.

        73, John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 22, 2013
          WHat about using the listen tool, that should show what packets are  coming and going

          as root

          listen -a

          also there is the

          mheard

          function that will show what other stations it has heard.

          Bob

          On 3/21/13 10:33 PM, MattB wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have been making progress in setting up my new TNC-X-PI despite having no prior experience with BPQ32, and in fact very little experience with packet generally. (I do have a strong linux background, so at least there's that.)
          >
          > I'm at the point where everything is connected: Pi to TNC, TNC to F-8900, accessing the pi via ssh and running linbpq with chat and mail. Everything seems to be running.
          >
          > My next problem is this: how do I know that everything works? I can hear packet traffic on a local frequency and would like to be able to read the contents, but am stuck at how to attach a terminal to the port that the tnc is attached to (/dev/i2c-1 in this case).
          >
          > It looks to me as though the windows version of bpq32 provides an application for use as a 'dumb terminal', but I don't see how to invoke the equivalent in pilinbpq.
          >
          > Any advice would be welcome.
          >
          > -73-
          > Matt KC2O

        • MattB
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 22, 2013
            Thanks, John, that looks very useful and I'll give it a try.