634Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: DXSpider on the pi

  • Bill Shell
    Feb 11, 2013
      Tim,

      Were you able to get DXSpider to run using v1.05 of the instructions?

      73, Bill
      N6WS

      On 02/11/2013 03:29 AM, g3pjd wrote:

      As I understand it, the contents of spider.new are copied to /spider by this line, and the next line in the procedure removes the directory spider.new.

      If I am right, then this little glimmer of understanding is clear progress for me!!

      Not sure what a left field bleacher is, but it sounds painful!

      73

      Tim
      G3PJD
      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Rusty Haddock wrote:

      > K2DMS wrote:
      > >CP -a /home/sysop/spider.new/ /spider
      > >
      > >maybe should be
      > >
      > >cp -a /home/sysop/spider.new/ /spider
      > >
      > >Unless CP is an alias to cp.
      >
      > I hafta ask -- why aren't you simply creating a symbolic link?
      >
      > sudo ln -s /home/sysop/spider.new /spider
      >
      > Not sure how much file space is used by ~sysop/spider.new but
      > it's getting duplicated with a 'cp'. A symbolic link is simply
      > a "pointer" yet effectively connects /spider to ~sysop/spider.new.
      > On the other hand, if you want to keep the spider.new directory
      > pristine in case something goes wrong... 'cp' is not a bad thing.
      >
      > Sorry for jumping in out of the left-field bleachers. :)
      >
      > -Rusty-
      > --
      > _____ Rusty Haddock <=> AE5AE
      > |\/ o \ o Way out yonder in the
      > | ( -< O o Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area
      > |/\__V__/ Math illiteracy affects 7 out of 5 people!

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic