625Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: DXSpider on the pi

  • Rusty Haddock
    Feb 8, 2013
      K2DMS wrote:
      >CP -a /home/sysop/spider.new/ /spider
      >
      >maybe should be
      >
      >cp -a /home/sysop/spider.new/ /spider
      >
      >Unless CP is an alias to cp.

      I hafta ask -- why aren't you simply creating a symbolic link?

      sudo ln -s /home/sysop/spider.new /spider

      Not sure how much file space is used by ~sysop/spider.new but
      it's getting duplicated with a 'cp'. A symbolic link is simply
      a "pointer" yet effectively connects /spider to ~sysop/spider.new.
      On the other hand, if you want to keep the spider.new directory
      pristine in case something goes wrong... 'cp' is not a bad thing.

      Sorry for jumping in out of the left-field bleachers. :)

      -Rusty-
      --
      _____ Rusty Haddock <=> AE5AE
      |\/ o \ o Way out yonder in the
      | ( -< O o Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area
      |/\__V__/ Math illiteracy affects 7 out of 5 people!
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic