585Re: Poll results for Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO

  • Jerome K
    Jan 28, 2013
      I wills tart a new group broadly related to Linux on the small boards.. Will think of a name and post a link..

      I realize what some are asking, since the RPi is rather limited.. But the Raspberry pi is limited for several reasons that if it were changed would a) cost more then they do and b) cause them to loose focus on their mission. http://www.raspberrypi.org/about

      I do not want this group to forsake that mission either.. I would not mind someone posting a question regarding software compatibility with the Pi Vs xxx.. Just do not want to get off topic and away from the Pi.. So a general topic discussion on some other board would frowned upon.. and suggested it be moved to another forum.. Where all are welcome to observe and participate there, in that yahoo group....

      I hope everyone understand and appreciates my decision..

      73 Jerry N9LYA

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Michael O'Bannon wrote:

      > If you want this group to be exclusive to the RPi, starting another
      > group would be a good idea. It would be interesting to know if
      > applications that work, but only poorly, on the RPi (fldigi under
      > Raspbian, for instance) could be run on the faster boards more
      > successfully.
      >
      > 73,
      > Michael KD4SGN
      >

      > > I can do that.. Try to anyway, I also would not mind starting one
      > > if needed... if the one or two I find are nopt general enough..
      > > Give me a bit.. First day back from vacation.... and I am
      > > backlogged a bit...
      > >
      > > *:)*

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic