3269Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] GPS NMEA monitor software for the Pi

  • max wheatley
    Jun 19, 2014
      The NMEA data just streams as ASCII text, so you should be able to "see"
      it in a terminal session

      For serial number I guess you need to send the GPS a command also simple
      ASCII.... I have no idea what...

      I guess the NMEA command set is defined some where on the www ...

      Max

      On 20/06/2014 06:15, 'Douglas N. Baker' kfourcle@...
      [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:
      > Hello All,
      > Anyone in the group know of a good GPS receiver software program for monitoring the NMEA data sent by a GPS receiver? I have looked on the net and found some Linux programs that display the position on maps but I have not found anything that will just a simple display of the basic S/N levels, lat/long, etc. Had thought this should be simple but I haven't found any such so far. Thanks...
      > Doug, k4cle

      > Posted by: "Douglas N. Baker" <kfourcle@...>
      >
      > (Please trim inclusions from previous messages)
      >
      > Yahoo Groups Links

      > Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)
      > .

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic