3186Re: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO

  • zsoltsandiego
    May 11, 2014

      Yes, actually I have requested the developer of DIXPRS to make an update for DIXPRS with GPS capabilities.

      However it would be really great if more people would request this feature on the DIXPRS forum:

      https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dixprs

      I have already the DIXPRS running on Raspberry PI connected with a USB GPS receiver powered by a 6000 mAh accu. It runs about 8 hours.

      However the DIXPRS software is not yet ready.

      root@raspberrypi:~# lsusb
      Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
      Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
      Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1546:01a5 U-Blox AG
      Bus 001 Device 004: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

      Navilock NL-402U USB GPS / Galileo Receiver  (U-Block) is recognized by the linux kernel.

      Actually I mentioned the developer to make it as a fully functional mobile iGate, as it is easy to add Nano Wifi stick in the Raspberry Pi and with a wifi tethering android mobile phone the mobile iGate would be ready.
      At the beginning no need Smart Beaconing, normal periodic beacons would be enough to make the development easier.

      73
      Zsolt KI6UAV
      SignalRaiders .com

      ---In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, <g4bbh@...> wrote :

      Is there any command line APRS software for the RPi and TNC-Pi that simply handles APRS beaconing etc.  so that I can use the RPi simply as a mobile APRS source?    Running X and Xastir is overkill for my needs and just hogs resources.

      Dick G4BBH

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic