3005Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Setting up WiFi

  • k6acj
    Mar 28, 2014
      If the WiFi dongle is on the approved list all that must be done is plug it in and power up then go to the WiFi setup on the RPi Desktop, scan the routers and save the setting.

      A couple of times my WiFi and SSH stopped after an apt-get update/upgrade and I had to check the WiFi setup. One time nothing would restore WiFi so I moved the WiFi dongle fromt eh RPi USB port to the external USB hub and it loaded fine. Something unknown was corrupted (I always use sudo shutdown -h now) so by using another USB port the USB configuration and Dongle looked like a new installation and recovering WiFi was routine.  I have 3 RPi's on WiFi and they work fine when using approved parts.   Bill acj
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic