      From: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Hansen
      Sent: 27 March 2014 18:27
      To: raspberry_pi_4-ham_radio
      Subject: Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Latest TNC-Pi documentation?

      You are right, I misunderstood your original post.  I will go double check the source code and make sure that this is not set to 3.

      John W2FS

      On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Michael Carland <mcarland@...> wrote:

      I believe I am using 2014-01-07-wheezy-raspbian.img, don’t remember, but that is in my downloads folder, and I’m not the kind of guy to go with something named “NOOBs” if I have a say in the matter.

      Why would the distro affect the default configuration of the TNC-Pi? Wouldn’t that zero or three have to be in the firmware that is shipped? It might explain bus 0 vs bus 1.

      My first transceiver and parts to build a cable from DigiKey are coming today, you may not have heard the last of me… :)

      -Michael

      On Mar 27, 2014, at 9:51 AM, John Hansen <coastalchip@...> wrote:

      I'm wondering whether you are using raspi-wheezy or NOOBs.  They have changed the download page so it sort of pushes people toward NOOBs and there appear to be some differences between the ditro that is there and the plain raspi-wheezy.  When the documentation for the TNC was written, it was based on the plain raspi-wheezy.  I may have to make some changes if they've changed the defaults they are distributing.

      John W2FS

      On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Clay Jackson <n7qnm-lists@...> wrote:

      I’m glad I’m not the only one who had problems with this –

      “Out of the box”, my TNC-PI was “deaf and dumb” to the Async interface – it wouldn’t do anything.    When I loaded up the I2C diagnostics and modules, I was able to look at the I2C bus and found it as device 3.  Once I SET things correctly, I can use the TNC-PI through the async interface just fine.

      Clay

      N7QNM