      Cell: 601-754-9233
      Pinger: 337-240-7890
      Google Voice: 601-265-1307

      On Mar 25, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Max Harper <kg4pid@...> wrote:

      I'm not so sure that the information at the given link is correct. In all my reading on the RasPi I have never found any information for more than one serial port. I hope I'm wrong, but a Google search only finds this one page, and there isn't enough info to be useful. Any links to more information?

      Max
      From: Gerry Hull <gerry@...>
      To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 12:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] RS232 to Pi

      Way overkill for the Pi.

      There are two built-in serial ports for the Pi (at logic level); if your GPS is at logic level, no worries there, but $3 board gives you RS-232 at regular voltages off of those pins.
      Any RS-232 needed beyond two should be off of the USB connector.

      Here's a great resource on RasPi serial ports:

      73,

      Gerry W1VE

      Gerry Hull, W1VE   | Nelson, NH USA | +1-617-CW-SPARK

      On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 12:33 PM, <kilo1mda@...> wrote:

      Hello,
      I've had a Pi for a while but am now focusing on using it for ham radio. I have been having problems interfacing my tiny trak 4 to my pi via a usb serial port connector so i was thinking of adding a serial port onto the pi. I came across this and at the very least found it intriguing:

      I know this is pricey and probably overkill but i am pretty new to linux and the Pi and it looks like a simple solution. Anyone tried one of these?

      My next question would it possible to add an additional serial connector to the board above. The endgame is to interface the tinytrak4, a serial gps and possibly a screen on top. I know it will look like a monstrosity but it will be functional for me and possibly lead into additional units for my town EM.
      Thanks for your help.
      Matt, K1MDA

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic