2729Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Why Pi?

  • lchalfan
    Feb 5, 2014

      Brock,

      I'd have to agree that there are simpler ways to handle the TR sequencing, but you might not need to abandon the Pi altogether.  The Pi was developed for educational purposes and you could use it for that (as I have been doing).

      Intertech has developed a starter tutorial on setting up the Pi, Linux, Java and interfacing that they offer for $625 that might be helpful to you.  The nice thing is that they have made the materials available for free.   You can download the course in 10 PDF files for home self training.

      About the course:

       http://www.intertech.com/Training/Java/Java-SE/Raspberry-Pi/Raspberry-Pi

      Free class materials for the 10 labs are here:

        http://www.intertech.com/Blog/intertechs-complete-raspberry-pi-materials-lab-10/

      Have fu and good luck!

      Larry

      W7ZZX