2710Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Preparing to purchase Raspberry Pi

  • Tim McDonough N9PUZ
    Feb 4, 2014

      On 2/4/2014 1:33 PM, Robert Alexander wrote:
      I'm about to purchase a Pi and would like to know what I should order to get started learning about the Pi and Linux. I have no real knowledge of the Linux OS. I have been searching online for the different packages of hardware and have just about decided on the package from MCM Electronics. Here is a link to the one that I think should be right for me. I would appreciate it if someone could check it out and advise me if it is a good starter pack. Thanks in advance.

      That looks okay as far as the basic R-Pi goes. If you are planning to do some interfacing experiments you might also consider something like this that includes a GPIO cable and a breadboard...

      <http://www.adafruit.com/products/1014>

      The above site also has some Rasberry Pi tutorials that include some Linux intro as well.

      Tim N9PUZ

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic