2359RE: New to group :)

  • pmooney22
    Dec 4, 2013

      The main reason I got my Pi at Maker Faire was to see what it was and
      then develop it so that I have a nice car puter for when I am out roving
      during VHF and higher contests. Just haven't found a nice HDMI monitor
      that runs off of 12 volts yet for that project. So I have been
      sidetracked for a little into doing other things with the Pi. This is
      probably where the hsmm-pi software will be utilized the most. BTW - Got
      an older airlink usb wifi card to work on my Pi by just downloading the
      zd1211 debian package and using dpkg to install it.

      Hi James,

      Check ebay for the 7" monitors that are used  in cars for (e.g.) parking monitors, plenty on there for US $35, another $20-25  will get you one with touchscreen.

      Paul 5B8BA
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic