2349Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Finally got my Pi up and running

    Dec 1 2:58 PM

      On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Charlie Gallo <Charlie@...> wrote:

      Hey Gang,
      Despite having a "first batch" Pi (aka been sitting here well over a year), I finally got around to setting it up

      I sort of have 2 goals for it:

      I want to get ARUser (which is sort of a personal cluster type program for the PC) off the PC and onto the Pi (I hate programs that have to run 24x7 on the PC unless they are setup as a service, and ARUser ISN'T)

      This appears to be a windows only client.  The Pi does not run windows.  You will need a port to Linux or look for something like XDX or other Cluster client.

      The other is more for a friend (W2IRT) - He has a Davis Weather Station, and DOES have the USB interface to tie it to his PC, but the software always caused issues, so he has it on an old, somewhat unstable PC. His main goal is to report the data to CWOP (and maybe one or 2 other internet places - looking for that info from him now)

      Their are several Linux weather programs for the Davis Weather Station -- Google search  Davis Instruments Linux

      Anyone know what software I should be looking for, and/or have any tips?

      --
      Charlie
      www.baysidephoto.com