2338Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] uninstalling program?

  • Ed Thierbach
    Nov 21, 2013
      There is more than one way to install fldigi.  If you used `apt-get install` to install it, then everyone's advice will work.  If, however, you used these directions:

      to install the static binaries from a tar archive, then you will need to manually remove the files installed into $HOME/bin (cd to that directory then use the 'rm' command to remove them)

      To remove the prerequisites, it depends on how you installed them:
      - if you used apt-get install to install them, use apt-get remove to remove them
      - if you used 'make install', then try 'make uninstall' from the same directory

      The flexibility of Linux often makes Linux more complex, so the more info you can share, the better we can help.

      73,
      -Ed- AB8OJ

      On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Dale Miller <stpatrick2@...> wrote:

      On 11/19/2013 9:02 AM, Beau wrote:
      > Hi All
      > I ssh into my pi
      > I would like to uninstall fldigi I known when it installed it got other
      > packages
      > what command can i use to uninstall all parts
      > 73 beau n9mfk

      I think apt-get purge <package-name> will do it.
      You could do an apt-get autoclean after to make sure.

      Here is an apt-get page for help.
      https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto

      --
      All the Best & 73's