2180Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] New to Linux, Raspberry PI an TNC-PI

  • f6bvp@free
    Sep 2, 2013
      Hello Jack,

      First did you check that you Raspberry Pi is correctly set up and that you can access to Internet via X11 gui ?
      Second, here is an interesting link toward Xastir install on Raspberry pi :
      http://m0hpj.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/aprs-on-raspberry-pi-with-xastir/

      73 de Bernard, f6bvp

      Le 01/09/2013 03:27, cyclingsoldier@... a écrit :

      Greetings all.

      Built my TNC-PI, set up my Raspberry Pi with Xastir, and can't seem to get much farther along.  I followed the info in the manual for the TNC-PI, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.  I can't get anything from the internet feed to Xastir, so that must not be set up correctly.  I assumed (I know...) that the "comment" in the KISS TNC set up was for the validation code for the APRS-IS.  Also, on the Interface/Configure KISS TNC screen, in the string /dev/ttyAMA is it a Zero or an Oscar?

      That, and what should the other settings be on that screen as well?  When up and running I'm showing on the Interface Control screen" Device 0   Down  Serial Kiss TNC /dev/ttyAMA0 and my aprsis validation number.

      In short, any help is greatly appreciated!

      73 de Jack

      KE4LWT

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic