2167RE: Which CMedia USB Sound card to use ?

  • mi0aaz
    Aug 30, 2013

      Thanks guys for the replies, have ordered a pair via Amazon which as far as i know are on the way.

      I know some modifications have to be some to the USB sound card but everything else for my EchoIRLP node is ready to go live.

      73 John Mi0AAZ.

      --- In raspberry_pi_4-ham_radio@yahoogroups.com, <jpalsson@...> wrote:

      John,

      After buying two of these cheap sound dongles off eBay, I ended up going to Amazon and got one with the CM119 chipset. It works like a champ with my RPi.

      The eBay cheapies were of very poor construction. One of them even had the left and right channels reversed. The Amazon model cost a couple of dollars more, but since I have Amazon Prime, shipping was free and it arrived in two days.

      Of course, YMMV.

      Jerry AA6KI
      Tucson

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "John" <mi0aaz@...> wrote:

      > When i look on E-Bay i see plenty of CMedia USB Sound cards listed but for Ham use i always see mentioned the CMedia CM108 or CM119 chipset based devices are the best to use, what is the reason for this and if i had the choice of any one which would i go for ?
      >
      > 73 John Mi0AAZ.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic