2015Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Where to start

  • Ray Wells
    Jul 18 4:35 PM
      Xastir uses festival (available from the repository) to generate speech. Perhaps that's an answer.

      Whilst I didn't use speech on my Pi I did compile xastir from sources to successfully include festival.

      Ray vk2tv

      On 19/07/13 06:58, Kristoff Bonne wrote:

      Hi,

      On 15-07-13 23:55, kb9mwr wrote:

      A software approach to DTMF decoding could be done with a the multimon-ng software package.

      Actually, I have been looking for a quick and easy way to generate APRS message. I use APRS via the internet to "broadcast" some information about events in out local radio-club (ON4OS).

      However, it would be nice (and more "ham" like) to actually broadcast this via a radio. As I am pretty close to the local APRS digipeater, I guess all that is needed is a device that generates a AFSK stream, one of these cheap chinese HTs and a a little bit of interfacing.

      I know that using a pi for this is probably really "overkill" and that this can probably also be done using an arduino (a nice exercise in DDS :-)) but a unix device would be a nice "quick hack" to get something in the air.

      I know there are programs like xastir, aprsd and othters, but I am looking for something to just generate a APRS packet and pipe it out to the audio-port.

      73
      kristoff - ON1ARF

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic