1716Re: APRS-IS Rx-only iGate with rtl dongle

  • marco.kubon
    May 16, 2013
      Hi Alex,

      my Pi is running with the 900 MHz setting. The rtl_fm process is running with aroung 15% usage, multimonNG needs around 2% and pymultimonaprs around 1%. Also a satellite tracker (carpcomm.com) and a house automation control (fhem.de) is running on that Pi and the load average is only around 0,6. So the device is powerfull enough and quite amazing.

      The decoding of the signal depends an the antenne and on the type of rtl device. I've an old Teratec device with fc0012 tuner wich is very deaf. The newer Teratec Cinergy TStick RC with E4000 tuner has a good reception, although I'm using a wideband discone antenna. One time I received a cubesat with a 11 element cross yagi.

      Regards
      Marco

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

      > Interesting. I was under the impression the RasPi didn't have the CPU power needed to decode an RTL-SDR stream. How's the performance? Does it do ok with weaker signals?
      >
      > -Alex
      >
      > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "marco.kubon" <dl1mx@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > Dominik Heidler, the origin author of the pymultimonaprs software,
      > <snip>

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic