1697Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: framework for self-starting ham application images on Raspberry pi

    May 14, 2013
      Hi Kerry

      I got to your vk4tub.no-ip.org website... Nothing about the Pis on there...

      Normally you would just forward port 80 to the machine running apache and make sure the firewall is
      open on that machine.

      If you are looking to have more than one machine runnning apache you will have to use separate port
      numbers, I typically use 81 for the 2nd machine.

      vk4tub.no-ip.org:81

      then do a port conversion of 81 to 80 in the router going to the address of the 2nd machine running
      apache. This way I don't have ot change apache config to listen on a different port number, it is
      all handled in the router.

      No, I'm not familar with owncloud...

      Webmin makes administering/config of many programs a lot easier.

      How do you get to your owncloud server, do you use the http://<local-ip> method?
      for external it would be something like:
      http://vk4tub.no-ip.org:81
      or
      http://<internetaddress>:81
      assuming you use port number 81 for the 2nd apache machine.

      Perhaps owncloud requires a different port number by default.

      In Linux many programs are NOT DOWNLOADED like in windows. You typically use a 'package manager' and
      tell it what you want to install, it will get the required package files from the 'repository' and
      install them (assuming all goes right.) There are some exceptions to this.

      If I recall correctly you are probably about 13 to 15 hours ahead of me, I'm in Connecticut USA,
      East Coast, Eastern Time Zone. I'm usually up fairly late, 12 - 2 am.

      Can you get on DCS014 ?
      actually you could either connect to my gateway, KB1YPL B or callsign route to me, N1JMM...

      Also I'm on yahoo instant messanger and I could be on many others I just don't log into them unless
      there is a need.

      If you have one of the Pi's setup for SSH, XRDP, you can private email me the log in info and I will
      help you.

      -Jim-

      -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic