1688Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] framework for self-starting ham application images on Raspberry pi

    May 13, 2013
      Another option for configuration would be to have device/appliance look for a USB memory stick with
      specific files on power-up/reset. If ip.txt is found, load the ip address, if image.txt found load
      the program image file into flash and start it. Filenames may have to be tweaked. Memory stick could
      be in write-protect mode for security.

      Another method (possibly more complicated, remember doing this is firmware/BIOS/POST) would be to
      have the device get its address via DHCP. (put it's MAC address on a label/sticker) so a DHCP server
      could be programmed to issue a specific address.

      -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B

      On 5/13/13 5:54 PM, Kristoff Bonne wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I am now working on the "build your own echolink node with a raspberry
      > pi" project.
      > The final goal would be to come to a system that is as easy as possible
      > to use. Something as simple as "insert a SD card in the Raspberry pi,
      > connect the cables, boot and go".
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic