1568Re: RasPi APRS tracker?

  • Alex
    Apr 28, 2013
      To all that said they were interested, the source code can be found here: https://github.com/ab0tj/APRSToolkit

      Currently it only implements a simple tracker with SmartBeaconing and compressed position reports. I will get a precompiled version out soon after a little more testing. A full SD card image would probably be best, I'd like to make it run from a read-only filesystem so the tracker can have power cut without worrying about corrupting the SD card.

      As for the couple of ideas that were thrown out, yes PSK63 was on my list of wants to implement, but I haven't yet figured out how to do it. Maybe someone who is a better programmer than I can help out there. And yes controlling the GPIO pins through APRS messages should be fairly simple. I'll look into that as this project progresses.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic