1566Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] RasPi APRS tracker?

  • Mathison Ott
    Apr 27, 2013
      YES!
      This first pop up into mind the other day a Robogames. If I could use the APRS network to exchange command strings with my robot and in in exchange receive status and location strings back from the bot...! The only work ive on this subject is Argent's Data Tracker2. And it only flips relays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvBJ2LHfjRw

      Dose any one else share any interest in such a control system? Its simple enough to get a radio working with aRPi http://hackaday.com/2012/10/19/aprs-igate-built-using-a-raspberry-pi/
      This project would simply monitor a Pulse-audio connection (A radio patch, or an SDR stream) for APRS packs decoded and directed at it's SSid form a list of approved SSid's, reads the approved "string" based on values in APRS string. Send a response ASAP, Send a response every 1m, even send way points. simple said the RPiexecutes $comands or passes command info to an Autopilot. The program needs to send back standard system status and position massages, in responses to the home ssid to alert the home ssid of problems.

      73
      Mathison Kj6dzb

      Are you interested, you could incorporate the remote command from aprs packets?
      ?

      On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@...> wrote:

      Easy way to do this is with the piggy-back TNC-X made for the Pi.
      I'm using Xastir on mine and works great!

      Clayton N4EV