1264Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] WsprryPi for WSPR15

    Apr 9, 2013
      Couple thoughts:

      1 - most wall wart power supplies will NOT provide a GROUND, they can't if they are the simple 2-pin
      ac plug type since they only use hot and neutral. Even if you found a 3-pin one, most likely the DC
      output will be isolated from the AC connector.

      2 - the ethernet connection will not normally supply a ground to the pi either.

      3 - If you want the Pi grounded you are probably best off to supply a good ground to the pi separately.

      4 - If your using the GPIO pins as OUTPUTS some isolation/buffer chips/transistors are highly
      recommended, especially to drive an antenna.

      5 - If using the GPIO pins as inputs, buffering/isolating is almost mandatory, especially since they
      are 3.3v max.

      6 - The micro-usb power connector is the only fused power input. Power applied anywhere else needs
      to be fused externally from the board. (option - modify the board)

      7 - good news, Pi's are in-expensive... Not like frying a $800+ computer.

      -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B